FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion vs LiveType

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Ward
Motion vs LiveType
on Sep 22, 2008 at 4:24:41 pm

Scenario: client needs animated lower thirds to air during a sporting event on TV
Requirements: dimensions-720x74 and in sequential .tgas
Problem: the lower third is not title safe when aired (even though using client's template from motion)
as well as it is fuzzy and not sharp

We did a set using LiveType exported as AVIs - worked great - sharp and in title safe

any theories as to why LiveType worked better than Motion? is there any difference in the two programs (I know you can add more 'sizzle' using Motion) when exporting a file?

the content is text and pictures of product (no video)

FCP Studio 2
BlackMagic Extreme

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion vs LiveType
on Sep 22, 2008 at 5:08:26 pm

AVIs' I suspect the client is not dropping them in correctly and they're being resized and re-rendered. When used properly Livetype and Motion are identical in quality.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion vs LiveType
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:07:10 pm

Noah is a 100% right. As for Marc Ward's comment, "any theories as to why LiveType worked better than Motion? is there any difference in the two programs (I know you can add more 'sizzle' using Motion) when exporting a file? "

Both programs have their strengths, Motion can do a lot Live Type can't. However...I would not be surprised if Motion engulfed Live Type so all of Live Type is in Motion, a lot of it already is.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]