FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Motion to Visualhub to Flash with alpha channel. Possible?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Flanagan
From Motion to Visualhub to Flash with alpha channel. Possible?
on Sep 13, 2008 at 10:33:17 pm

I'm trying to take a motion clip (rendered in Quicktime) and for a flash web banner (see http://www.tempusgroup.com/alpha). In previous renders, the trip to FCP first gave me a nice alpha channel (but made everything look very rough). I'm trying to skip that step.

Does anyone know of a good way to either use VisualHub or Compressor to encode a Quicktime with an alpha channel, so that it's transparent when I post it up on the website?

Banging my head against the wall on this one. I don't want to go to FCP to get my alpha! :-)

Help.

William

Return to posts index

Edward Glasheen
Re: From Motion to Visualhub to Flash with alpha channel. Possible?
on Sep 14, 2008 at 12:43:15 pm

I am assuming that you have Flash so I would not compress your file in Visual Hub or Compressor because Flash will compress your footage again when you compile it.

I usually bring my Motion footage into Flash using Animation + codec set at the highest quality. I'll let Flash convert it to .flv making sure the Alpha setting is checked.

If the file is short, such as an explosion, I may convert to a .swf file and convert it to a movie clip.

I think your jaggy quality may be a result of re-compression and / or not de-interlacing your video.

Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]