FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Template element changing in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Decker
Motion Template element changing in FCP
on Sep 12, 2008 at 11:47:34 pm

Hello,

I have been creating some title templates in motion, saving them as Templates, and then pulling them in from the pop up menu in FCP 6 and they look great in the viewer, and in the timeline unrendered.

Problem: When I render, the duration (timing of a fade) of one of the elements changes which will not work. I have been back and forth between Motion and FCP numerous times, creating "copies" of the Motion file and tweaking small elements to create a different file. Each time, this particular title reverts back to the unspecified timing. Seems like it is referencing some other parameter - and not that which is specified in the particular file (believe me, I have checked).

Any suggestions? I would rather not have to recreate this title file, and of course I am on a deadline!

Thanks,

Dave

Return to posts index

David Decker
Re: Motion Template element changing in FCP - resolved
on Sep 13, 2008 at 2:19:24 am

Hate to answer my own question - and admit to being on the FCS learning curve - but the answer was in the frame rate of the Broadcast HD 720 codec in Motion (29.97 frame rate), and the FCP Apple ProRes 422 HD (also 1280 x 720) with a frame rate of 59.94 -

The graphic was a subtle title screen, but the text was on the screen for about "half" the amount of time it was supposed to be.

Hope this helps someone out in the future.

David Decker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]