FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCProHD Template Trouble

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Istook
DVCProHD Template Trouble
on Sep 12, 2008 at 8:46:21 am

I'm a new Motion user and am having a big problem with a template I created for use as a transition in FCP.

I created the template using the DVCProHD 720p 24p settings (this template is going into a FCP 720 23.98 timeline).

When I look at the drop zones in Motion, using test images, everything looks perfect. But when viewed in FCP, it's out of whack. To troubleshoot, I pulled some of the DVCProHD 720pN footage into Motion's drop zones to see what the issue is. Some of these drop zones are masked, and basically, as soon as I put the footage in the drop zone, the mask moves. I'm guessing it has something to do with the 1.33 PAR of the DVCProHD footage. But the Motion project is set to DVCProHD with a 1.33 PAR. What am I doing wrong?? I've tried playing with the fit/center/stretch options, to no avail. And I've searched the forums but haven't found this exact problem yet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

- Marc

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVCProHD Template Trouble
on Sep 12, 2008 at 11:46:17 pm

Hit the aspect ratio reset button in the motion tab in FCP. Should do the trick.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Marc Istook
Re: DVCProHD Template Trouble
on Sep 14, 2008 at 12:34:24 am

Thanks Noah. Pardon my unfamiliarity -- where is that button? And I noticed that the mask moved when I dropped the footage into the drop zone in Motion. So I'm guessing the issue is related to PAR somehow, not necessarily FCP itself since it appears in Motion too. Any additional thoughts?

Thanks again,
Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]