FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing from Photoshop, WITH SEPARATED layers

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clara Gordon
Importing from Photoshop, WITH SEPARATED layers
on Sep 6, 2008 at 10:25:42 am

When importing a layered file Photoshop to Motion, although I keep the mouse pushed in the canvas, it doesn't appear the menu where I could choose to import all layers as different layers. Then, I can only import the Photoshop file as a single image, a single layer. I've also tried to do it by the menu "Import", but I got the same result. Does anyone know what can I do??
Thanks!
Clara.

Return to posts index

Miriam Moran
Re: Importing from Photoshop, WITH SEPARATED layers
on Sep 7, 2008 at 8:24:49 pm

Yeah, this is an odd quirky thing - instead of selecting your file that you want to import in the File listing down the left side of the screen, go up to the menu at the top and choose "File" then "Import" - it will give you the option of merged or individual layers. That should take care of your problem.

Good luck! Happy "motioning" (is that a word?)

Return to posts index

Clara Gordon
on Sep 10, 2008 at 9:24:20 pm

Thanks, Miriam! I've tried also that, and there aren't the options, it doesn't work too :(
Anyway, thanks!

Return to posts index

J. Tad Newberry
on Jun 16, 2009 at 7:35:11 pm

Are you using Motion 3? Though i think this same option was available in Motion 2 as well. Again, go to the file menu, choose either on "Import" or "Import as Project" (they both seem to give you this next option), select your file, click "Import" (or "Import as Project"), then you'll get a drop down menu that asks whether to import merged layers (default) or "All Layers". They should all show up, separated...but as i will be asking in my next thread, mine show up with black (and it appears to be non-transparent black) around the elements in each layer...

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core
3 GB RAM
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]