FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Sequence Behaviors in Library items

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Petersen
New Sequence Behaviors in Library items
on Aug 27, 2008 at 12:16:15 am

Hey guys. When I import a library item that is moving, ie Concentric Circles, it has a bunch of cool behaviors that I have no idea how to generate or implement. They're kinda like parameter behaviors, but have different controls and are called things like Sequence Opacity or Sequence Scale. Any idea how to add these to items that don't already have them? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: New Sequence Behaviors in Library items
on Aug 27, 2008 at 2:46:13 pm

For the sample of Concentric Circles; Below Sequence Scale and Opacity click on Circle. Hit f4 to open up the Replicator Cell Tab. Drag you new shape into the Object Source well and you'll see a hooked arrow. Let go of your left mouse button and your new shape replaces the old one. So if you wanted rectangles instead of a circle you could do that. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 27, 2008 at 2:51:16 pm

By the way, I forgot to say. If you don't want to do this with a shape and can add a movie clip or something else. It creates a nice trippy effect.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Patrick Petersen
on Aug 27, 2008 at 6:45:36 pm

Yeah, that works, but what if I want to combine different sequence behaviors than the ones in the presets? There has to be a button or menu or key that adds these behaviors to already imported media, right? Or are these some secret developer behaviors that only Library presets can have? That seems rather unlikely to me.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 27, 2008 at 7:32:05 pm

I'm not sure I understand what your asking.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Patrick Petersen
on Aug 27, 2008 at 10:13:58 pm

If I import a pre-made Replicator, like Concentric Circles (but there are others) from the Library and look at it's Behavior Tab in the Inspector it has two behaviors I have never seen before. They are called Sequence Opacity and Sequence Scale. How do I apply those types of behaviors to media? I can't find a button, shortcut key or drop down that adds behaviors like these. I can find all the text behaviors, simulations, basic motion, yada yada yada, but no sequence opacity and the like ...

Return to posts index

Patrick Petersen
on Aug 27, 2008 at 10:21:54 pm

Got it! Great, thanks. I think what threw me off is that the actual Sequence Replicator behaviors are labeled "Sequence Opacity" and so on. When I add them, they are labeled Sequence Replicator, but do the same thing, assuming I set them to the same Add Parameter. I guess the premade ones can cheat a little, seeing as they're Apple-made. :) (...or am I still not getting it?)

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Aug 27, 2008 at 10:11:13 pm

Howdy,

There are two kinds of sequence behaviors in Motion: text and replicator. They tell the text object or replicator to perform specified changes over the life of the behavior. You can't apply them to an image, because an image is just that: an image. It's not a group of sub-objects (like text letters or replicator cells).

The behavior presets you see applied to the library items are just the regular Sequence Replicator behavior with certain settings chosen. You can create your own replicators or text objects and apply the appropriate sequence behavior yourself, either selecting a preset from the library or creating your own from scratch.

A simple tutorial on how to use the Sequence Replicator behavior can be found here. You can also take a look in the manual, which fully describes how the sequence behaviors work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]