FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maruqee Lights, animating color of replicator objects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris detjen
Maruqee Lights, animating color of replicator objects
on Aug 26, 2008 at 1:18:38 am

I created a replicated layer in Motion, and the result is a rectangle tile filled with small black circles (five rows of replicator objects). I'd like to have two white circles pass through the black circles from left to right--a similar effect to old marquee lights where lit bulbs seem to travel around a sign. In this Motion project there are five rows of small black circles. I would like to have the rows each be different. For example the 2nd row would have four white circles pass from right to left, and through the 3rd row might pass a series of two white circles and then a series of four white circles separated from one another.

Any suggestions on building this would be helpful. If animating coloring is not possible with replicated objects, is there another way of going about it?

I have Motion 2.1.2

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Maruqee Lights, animating color of replicator objects
on Aug 29, 2008 at 2:55:28 pm

No idea what you're seeing in your head but I'd either do this a simple object passing behind each row or or, if you don't want the edge of the matted object to be seen passing through the circles, keyframe each position using holds.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]