FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion and new iMacs

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darnell Peacock
Motion and new iMacs
on Aug 21, 2008 at 8:25:36 pm

Just looking for some opinions on a new computer...

I'm thinking about switching/upgrading to a new 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with the ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 256MB graphics from a Dual 2.0 G5 with an ATI x800xt 256MB card. Has anyone with the new Imac noticed any kind of speed increase within Motion? I use motion a lot, but the fps rate kills me.

Any input/thoughts from people who have made the switch to this iMac would be great.

Thanks

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion and new iMacs
on Aug 25, 2008 at 3:00:22 pm

You can search here for tons of iMac questions, we see the question way too often.

The imac offers you no expansion capabilities. Forget it for digital video and motion graphics unless you are prepared to accept the possibility that when the new rev of FCS ships, you may or may not be able to take advantage of hooks into new GPU technologies. However, the next OS may simply move more and more image core processing to the OS and eliminate the question completely. No one knows.

It's your money but the expansion of the desktop units is the crucial factor for me.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]