FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Tracking question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bertman
Motion Tracking question
on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:53:56 pm

I'm not a Motion expert so I apologize if this seems like a stupid question.

I have a shot of a person holding a cell phone. I want to replace the image on the cell phone with a still image I have.

imported the shot into Motion and used the behavior: Analyze Motion on it.
I then took the jpg and told it to match the movie (using, as a source the Analyze Motion).

It worked perfectly except for the end frames. In the shot a person lifts the phone. It creates a huge amount of blur that the motion tracker can't follow. (And, I need that bit of motion to make the cut to the next shot work).

No problem I thought. I will just manually set key frames for the last few frames. The problem is, when I have the motion tracker set, it wont let me use keyframes -- it somehow turns off the ability.

Also, the motion tracking behavior is not a distinct layer. I thought I could just have an "end point" when the motion tracking behavior would be done, but no - it analyses the entire shot and I cant turn it off for one region. (It puts a cog wheel next to the layer but thats the only indication it has been tracked)

So, I guess what I'm asking is how would I turn off the motion tracking or over ride it for a while while I manually key in certain areas?

If you want to see what I mean heres the shot and the Jpeg:
http://homepage.mac.com/dbertman/filechute/Sc7PhoneLATEST.zip

Thanks

David

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion Tracking question
on Aug 20, 2008 at 11:14:57 pm

You can always change a behavior so it does have key frames, that way you can key frame the end. Go up to Object, Convert to keyframes. Trust me, it will take 3 to 5 minutes for motion to do the conversion on motion tracking. Hope this help.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]