FORUMS: list search recent posts

Orange flash frames

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Davis
Orange flash frames
on Aug 8, 2008 at 4:07:24 am

Hey all,
I'm getting random flashes of orange boxes in my motion project while editing. They appear in Ram preview as well. Please help... what's the fix.

Thanks,

Bob

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Orange flash frames
on Aug 8, 2008 at 2:48:57 pm

I got those a while back once I brought the project into FCP. I dumped the Render files and restarted my computer and they went away. It sounds like your having this problem just in Motion though.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Bob Davis
on Aug 8, 2008 at 3:27:32 pm

Yep, I haven't gotten to the point of importing the piece into FCP. One thing I have noticed is that when I turn off and then on the light used for the frames it clears up until I make an adjustment to the light again.... and then the orange frame pops back up. I'm running with 4Gb of ram so I don't think that is the issue....

Return to posts index

ellen osborne
on Dec 10, 2008 at 6:05:59 pm

I have this problem too. It's very frustrating. I have a zillion layers of oscillating branches on a tree. When I try to render all the branches with a dolly in, I get the orange blocks. If I break the project down into about 4 different renders, then start a new file with movs I can make it work, but then I run into a different set of problems. I'm going to switch to After Effects and see if I can work in it with more ease. I love Motion, but I run into so many problems with it quitting or not rendering that it's driving me nuts.

Ellen
MacPro Quad Core 16 GB RAM Nividia GeForce 8800 GT

Return to posts index

Matt Slocum
on Dec 16, 2008 at 2:37:08 pm

Same problem here. I get orange flashes while rendering. It is a somewhat complex project. I've tried rendering the project in Motion and FCP. It seems to do it on different frames each time, and sometimes its fine. Last night I left it to render overnight and when I came back FCP and Motion had crashed and the render had a lot of orange. I think I'm going to render out each group and then try re-compositing. It seems to get confused with to much complexity...very frustrating.

~Matt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 16, 2008 at 4:46:39 pm

A friend of mine just ran into the same problem. He had a map on layer 1, the other 200 layers had images that lined up with the map. He could not shake the dumb orange lines. He disable layer one and the orange lines went away. So he exported out the map by itself and then exported out the 200 other layers out as a animation + and put it back together in FCP.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]