FORUMS: list search recent posts

smooth landing on stills moves / also res question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve A
smooth landing on stills moves / also res question
on Aug 3, 2008 at 10:23:09 pm

I often find that when doing combined zoom/pans on stills that the landing at the end of the move is too sudden and less graceful and smooth than I'd like.

I've been in to do the bezier adjustment on the curves, but can't get all three parameters (x, y and z) to be identical after changing them so the image distorts at the end.

Is there some simple way to apply the same change to all curves to get a smoother landing?

Also: we are currently working on a project shot so far in SD, but we may switch to HD on future shoots. If we set up a move on a still in a SD project, can we go back later and change the frame size in motion and keep the same move, or will we have to redo the whole thing?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: smooth landing on stills moves / also res question
on Aug 3, 2008 at 11:44:21 pm

Tweak your curves in the keyframe editor or use behaviors... It's somewhat difficult to adapt HD to SD projects but not impossible. Just reset the project settings and then you'll tweak everything to fit.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Steve A
on Aug 3, 2008 at 11:59:47 pm

thanks, Noah. I have tweaked in keyframe editor, that's where I find 3 separate curves (x, y, z) that I want to make the same change to, but when you adjust them individually they always seem to be a little different and then distort the image (if say x slows sooner than y).

the question is: is there a simple way to make identical changes to all the curves in the keyframe editor at once?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 4, 2008 at 10:56:43 am

Nope- for this reason I suggest behaviors instead. Ramps can be perfectly smooth and much easier to setup and shift than keyframes. It's Motion's specialty.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]