FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Motion reuse Optical Flow analysis data?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Moreno
Does Motion reuse Optical Flow analysis data?
on Jul 16, 2008 at 3:04:15 am

I've sent a 2-second clip from FCP to Motion for re-timing using Optical Flow. I see that Motion is analyzing the entire clip instead of the 2-sec. segment in the timeline. The full clip is nearly 40 minutes long, requiring over 15 hours to analyze on my Quad MacPro. I know that once the clip is analyzed I can freely change the duration and in/out points without Motion needing to re-analyze the clip. But what if I send another video segment from FCP that uses the same source clip? Will Motion recognize that the clip has already been analyzed, saving me from another 15 hour wait (not to mention saving precious disk space)? I guess I'll know the answer 15 hours from now...

Return to posts index

Rob Moreno
Re: Does Motion reuse Optical Flow analysis data?
on Jul 17, 2008 at 1:14:00 am

Answer to the question: No :(

MediaKobo
Tokyo, Japan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 17, 2008 at 2:57:55 pm

BTW- you can save a lot of time by exporting just the section of a movie you want to use optical flow on and reimport. That way it won't automatically analyze the whole piece of media which can take forever and offers little benefit.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Rob Moreno
on Jul 18, 2008 at 4:45:38 am

Right. I knew I had this option before posting. The reason I was curious as to whether I could analyze once and then reuse the analyzed data with any instances of the original clip is because I am undecided about which cuts I want to use. I'd rather have the freedom to experiment with any parts of the clip, rather than selecting 10 or more cuts I think I might use and render them out as stand-alone clips. I plan to use many cuts from this footage and the majority of it will be slowed down to some degree.

Thanks for your reply.

MediaKobo
Tokyo, Japan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]