FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scrolling sports ticker

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Franks
Scrolling sports ticker
on Jul 14, 2008 at 3:41:05 pm

How or what effect would I need to create a scrolling sport ticker similar to what you see on ESPN

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Scrolling sports ticker
on Jul 14, 2008 at 7:16:26 pm

Not sure exactly what you mean as I don't get ESPN but sure you could do text animation in a huge variety of ways in Motion. Either with text animation behaviors. Or apply a throw to a shape with text underneath.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: Scrolling sports ticker
on Jul 23, 2008 at 6:50:48 am

Hi Jerome, the easiest way to create the scrolling text is simply to create a new text object and type out the full line of text you want to scroll. You'll quickly end up typing off the edge of the Canvas, but remember you can see what you're typing by looking at the box at the bottom of the Text tab in the Inspector.

Then simply apply the Throw behaviour to the text object and experiment to find the right scrolling speed. Once you've done that, you'll just need to adjust the project length to ensure you scroll through the entire text object. Because you can type very long text objects, you may well find that you can fit all the text you need onto one object and you won't need to loop it.

That's the text part of the scrolling ticker in a nutshell; the background strap for the ticker can be whatever you want - a shape, a particle effect, a generator, whatever.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]