FORUMS: list search recent posts

attaching objects to camera?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Traynor
attaching objects to camera?
on Jun 24, 2008 at 12:43:35 am

I cant seem to find a way to attach and object (text, image, ect) to the camera. Im attempting to animate my camera to move through several different objects but I want to keep a constant background. I have noticed the "face camera" feature on some of the objects in the library but it doesnt seem to work. Im sure this is possible and I have done this before using Maya but I just cant seem to find out how to attach anything to a camera. Please help, Thank you

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: attaching objects to camera?
on Jun 24, 2008 at 1:55:25 am

Howdy,

You can attach an object (or group) to the camera using a Match Move behavior. However, if you just want certain objects to ignore the camera (i.e. always be in the foreground or background, however much the camera moves), just put them in a 2D group at the root level of your project. For example, if you had a Layers List like this:

-2D Group
- Foreground object 1
- Foreground object 2
-3D Group
- Some object 1
- Some object 2
-2D Group
- Background object 1
- Background object 2

The contents of the top 2D group will always be on top and will ignore any camera movement. The bottom 2D group will always be behind everything and will also ignore the camera movement.

Return to posts index

Kyle Traynor
Re: attaching objects to camera?
on Jun 24, 2008 at 8:42:24 pm

Thanks Jim that sounds much less complicated then actually attaching the image to the camera. Greatly appreciated.

Kyle Traynor
Envision Edit
traynor.edit@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]