FORUMS: list search recent posts

saving files to motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Wagner
saving files to motion
on Jun 19, 2008 at 3:23:52 pm

I am having a problem trying to save jpeg files to motion after I have completed the animation. I can get it to work, but unless I am working on the computer I created the animation on, then I am unable to view my icons. How do I save jpegs or gifs to motion for reuse?

Sarah

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: saving files to motion
on Jun 19, 2008 at 5:31:06 pm

What do you mean "to motion"?

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Sarah Wagner
on Jun 19, 2008 at 8:44:58 pm

Saving it to motion >> saving it in the library under shapes. Does that help?

Sarah

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 19, 2008 at 9:39:26 pm

Oh you mean like save shapes to your user library to make it portable to another machine? Not really possible. You'd need to create a folder, put all your shapes in there move it over on a hard drive and then add it again to the new computer's library. Also I wouldn't recommend working with compressed JPEGs. You'll get better quality with TIF or PSD files, not to mention you keep your alpha channel which is often critical to shapes.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jun 20, 2008 at 4:46:43 pm

Sarah,

When you save a motion file, you get the option to save it with the media. You can then move that folder to another computer and the files should relink.

You could also have this file as your starting point for a new project and it will have the media already in the media tab.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]