FORUMS: list search recent posts

Losing quality upon exporting

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Smith
Losing quality upon exporting
on Jun 12, 2008 at 1:56:56 pm

I have a minute long video that includes three lower thirds Motion files on the timeline (all three very short). I mention the motion files because it seems important for the following.

If I just have the regular edited video, I can export (for the web) at 640 X 480 with NTSC settings at fullest quality to a QTime file.
Question 1:
If I have any "Motion" files on the timeline, do I then have to export the sequence as an Animation from Final Cut, even though the three Motion clips only take up a very small portion on the entire timeline?
Question 2: My primary concern is when taking the QTime file and turning it into an FLV. I'm needing the FLV to maintain it's full quality, but when looking at the video, ESPECIALLY during the three "Motion" clip lower thirds segments... the quality is very choppy and pixelated around the lettering.
I do know that the full quality will be less than the QTime file, but it can look much better than what I have going on.
Any help would be very appreciated!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

James Joyce
Re: Losing quality upon exporting
on Jun 15, 2008 at 3:42:13 pm

The fix is here as I had the same problem this week.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1559565&tstart=0
the trick is command-0 and using the Prores 422 codec to make everything smooth. good luck!
BS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]