FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text gradient issue

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Clift
Text gradient issue
on Jun 6, 2008 at 4:12:52 am

I am having a few problems with text in Motion. When I put a gradient to text (say a straight linear gradient), if I changed the angle it would effect the entire line of text. For example, if I had a gradient of blue and yellow and typed the entire alphabet, 'a,b,c' would be blue and 'x,y,z' would be yellow. However, now when I do it and I change the rotation, the gradient is applied to every letter individually. So in the example above, the left of every letter would be blue, and the right half of every letter is yellow.

In short, I have no idea how it changed to this mode and if anyone knows how to get it back it would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Text gradient issue
on Jun 10, 2008 at 3:15:47 pm

Your latter example is what I expect to get when I apply a gradient fill as a text style. I'm pretty sure this is how it's always worked.

If you fill the text with a texture or matte in a layer that is a gradient then the results will be as in your former example.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]