FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion and compressor UHHHH!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Tobin
Motion and compressor UHHHH!
on May 29, 2008 at 4:06:29 pm

Maybe someone can help to tell me if there is a "known issue" using compressor as a Batch render for Motion.
Here's my work flow. I create clip shells in After effects using animation and embedded alpha channel. Then I use this clip as a background and add titles (50 of them) to the graphic. If I export the clips one by one using Lossless and alpha from motion everything is great. If I import the .motn file into FCP it also works but with 50 of them it causes FCP to crash often. If I export a batch to compressor and export using the animation alpha preset I get "compression artifacts" on the clips. I tried every combination of settings in compressor but the problem is consistent. This workflow worked using FCP5 Motion2 and the older version of compressor... Also I was on a Power PC MAC. Now with FCP Studio2 and an intel Mac this problem has been around... Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks
Rob

Return to posts index

Sudhir Datta
Re: batch export from Motion
on Feb 18, 2009 at 3:37:48 am

I know that this thread is super old, but I was able to come up with a work around for the batch export for motion if anyone was interested. We do a weekly magazine show with a green screen and lots of motion background work (it doesn't look as bad as it sounds, really), but the exporting has always been an issue. We do one host break then export, then do the second then export, etc. Like the post above I was hoping to use compressor, but you have to submit each host announcement as it's own batch not much better. So I thought about using the batch export in FCP. Sure enough, I'm able to drag the motion files in to the batch export window and then export it all as one batch from there with the desired preset I want. It's not a pretty solution, but I think it's a doable one.

Just my 2ยข

Hope this helped anyone, maybe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]