FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion issue

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Neidert
Motion issue
on May 28, 2008 at 1:48:28 pm

I am trying to create a DVD from a motion project. The project is about 4 minutes long. I am having trouble getting the project out of motion onto DVD. I have tried to compress it several times. I have changed the settings several times as well. The project is basically a photo slide show that will be running on a few displays at a conference. I animated everything in Motion because I didn't want to deal with all of the keyframes in FCP. The problem is that I have extremely long compression times. I tried a few different things let me run through them and see if anyone has any suggestions.

I first tried to take it straight out of Motion into Compressor and encode it for DVD using a preset. I was looking at about 24 hours of compression time which was fine but it keeps failing. I tried changing the preset around and sacrificing some quality to lower the compression time thinking I would avoid errors. That didn't work either. I abandoned that method and tried to first import the project into FCP, render it and then export it through compressor. After the render, I checked the playback and it won't play back in realtime smoothly. I tried to go ahead and compress it. After about 20 minutes it hadn't even begun to process.

I would hate to have to rebuild the project in FCP as it is quite a few photos that are animated. I have never had this much trouble with a motion project before. It is puzzling because it plays back realtime (or at least close) with no issue in Motion. Any suggestions?

David

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]