FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting From Motion + EXTREMELY Choppy Playback in Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kiernan Sanders
Exporting From Motion + EXTREMELY Choppy Playback in Quicktime
on May 23, 2008 at 1:45:13 am

I need help with exporting my timeline from Motion (not sure which version, and I can't check now.) The timeline consists of mostly Motion-drawn objects and PNGs exported from Adobe Illustrator. There are also a select few default Motion objects from the Library. Unfortunately, this is my very first experience with the program and I have had to figure everything out on my own, so I'm not too sure on terminology.

My animation is 1024x768 and I am planning on using it as an opener for a PowerPoint Presentation that I have to give in four days. Unfortunately, whenever I view the exported video in Quicktime (my method for displaying the video), whether it is full screen or not, the playback is very VERY choppy and replaying the video over and over only makes it marginally better. Eventually, it keeps playing the audio while freezing on one certain frame for the remainder of the video.

The video is 1:05 and is so far 1.42 GBs in size. I exported it using the the Quicktime setting of "Lossless + Alpha" from Motion. I need the file to be playable on a very average (public school system) computer, but I do not know how to export it and maintain the lossless quality while still making it playable.

Any help? I'm running out of time!

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Exporting From Motion + EXTREMELY Choppy Playback in Quicktime
on May 23, 2008 at 11:28:25 am

Ah, lossless. The animation codec doesn't even playback in FCP in realtime!

Try exporting using H264, then embed this in your Powerpoint. This is exactly what I do and it works a treat, however I do use Keynote.

Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on May 23, 2008 at 11:29:37 am

BTW you probably want to size the movie to the same size as the projector/Powerpoint project too.

Peter

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 23, 2008 at 5:38:18 pm

You might want to look into Sorensen Squeeze as well- for better video compression or at least work with Compressor.

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]