FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy Cornerpoint to New Clip/Project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Coleman
Copy Cornerpoint to New Clip/Project
on May 19, 2008 at 2:53:24 pm

newbie here
I'm replacing the power point slide in a video shot.

I sent a sample of the wide shot (to get my bearings) from Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 to Motion 2.
I placed a still using the Four Corner Tool into the screen. Then added a little blur. Looks good.
Now I'd like to drop all my slides in the FCP timeline and send each of them to Motion and be able to quickly use/copy those same Four Corner attributes on/to each slide.

How do I copy the Four Corner properties and the blur to a different project? Or is there an easier way then I'm thinking?

Love,
Jeff

Final Cut Studio 5.1, G5 2GHz Dual Processr, 2.5Gb RAM, AJA IO

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Copy Cornerpoint to New Clip/Project
on May 20, 2008 at 4:53:42 pm

Jeff,
If you want to transfer all of the parameters (Four Corner, Properties, Behaviors, Filters…etc.) make a duplicate (select clip and hit the command & D keys) of your clip. Find your new clip in the File Browser and drag it over to your Project Pane or Timeline. Hover the curser over the clip and the curser arrow will turn into a curved/hocked shaped arrow. Drop the new clip on the old and it takes on all of the old clips parameters.

If you want to apply certain parameters such as the Four Corner select it/them in the Inspector. Drag it over to the clip like you would in the example above.

Behaviors can be copied and pasted onto other clips. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Copy Cornerpoint to New Clip/Project
on May 25, 2008 at 6:20:45 am

Two ideas.

One make it a template in Motion. Then you can just build lots of them directly in motion.

Second, dont' want to make a template? Ok, open a copy of the project, drag (from the file browser) a new photo over an existing one (in the layers stack), it'll show a curved replace arrow. Save and repeat.

Third, this is a major ability of the new pro apps to save a template and just replace parts of it in FCP.

Best,

Jeff G
Principal Instructor
Future Media Concepts

FMCTraining.com
Editorsretreat.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]