FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting Lower-Thirds from Motion Over Color Corrected FCP Clips

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Dion
Putting Lower-Thirds from Motion Over Color Corrected FCP Clips
on May 19, 2008 at 2:36:15 pm

I'm editing a multi-camera event in FCP 6.0.3 using the multiclip function, with lower-thirds created in Motion 3 and imported as .motns.

The clips from one camera have the Color Corrector filter applied to mediate some color funkiness. When I place a lower-third over a clip from that camera, it seems to negate the Color Corrector settings for the span of time the lower-third is on screen. I can see the flicker as the colors revert to their unmodified state while the lower-third plays, and then as they snap back after the lower-third clip ends.

I've played with lower-thirds and footage from the other cameras, and this is the only camera that behaves this way. I tried reimporting that specific lower-third as a .mov, but the same thing happens.

Can someone suggest a solution to this, or where to check to see if I've done something wrong? I'm still very new at Motion and I'm sure there are many things about how it interacts with FCP that I know nothing about. Does dropping a Motion clip in the timeline negate FCP filters on the base video?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]