FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saved motion sequence not importing totally into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracey Dunn
Saved motion sequence not importing totally into FCP
on May 15, 2008 at 4:02:26 am

Created short sequence in motion, all stills and a few titles, except last group/segment which is a 6 sec .mov. Nothing too complicated, at least that's what I thought.....
Last still is a matching freeze frame from the .mov. Both still and .mov from FCP.
Saved and opened up in FCP; everything there but the end of the sequence which is black.
If I create a new project timeline in Motion with just the .mov it imports fine and plays no problem.
Tried adding a still in front, FCP imported the still and 3/4 of the .mov with the last 3 secs black.
Essentially I'm round tripping the still and the .mov.
Tried importing media with file, makes no difference.
Tried removing .mov segment and importing sequence, but now the last 3 secs of the last still when played in the FCP timeline are black.
I don't really want to export it from Motion as a quicktime file; any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Saved motion sequence not importing totally into FCP
on May 15, 2008 at 7:12:00 am

Export as a QuickTime file with no compression or animation codec- this is identical in quality to a Motion project with no issues as you're having.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tracey Dunn
on May 15, 2008 at 11:55:34 am

Is this an issue other people are having?

Return to posts index

Tracey Dunn
on May 15, 2008 at 12:54:32 pm

Noah,
I see from other posts that the Motion Templates cause problems on import into FCP.
However, I thought this was a problem with Leopard, not Tiger which
I'm using?
Thanks for you reply,
Tracey

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 15, 2008 at 7:31:57 pm

Like I said- there can be any number of issues that hold up a motion project from rendering properly into FCP. But as the end result is identical, just a bit more time to render out of Motion I say go do that so you're not hung up.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]