FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Chroma key with Alpha

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jenkin
Export Chroma key with Alpha
on May 15, 2008 at 2:06:18 am

I have to send a person shot on blue screen to a client on a transparent background. They want to place it on a website and don't have the ability to key out the blue hence wanting it to be exported with a key channel. I'm working in PAL SD 8 bit uncompressed. The key works fine and when I turn the canvas bg to transparent from the sub menu I can see a nice clean key. I've turned off all layers not invloved with the key and export it as uncompressed with colour+alpha selected. When it renders out I can see it keyed over black even though there is no black in the project. When I bring it in to FCP the doesn't seem to be a key channel even if I select it in the bin menu. So all see is my blue screen person keyed over back as a solid layer rather than containing a key channel. What am I missing, is the probelm in FCP or doesn't motion export an alpha channel if you are doing a chroma key. If that's the case any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Export Chroma key with Alpha
on May 15, 2008 at 7:14:26 am

export as a photoshop sequence and make sure the BG is set to transparent 0 % opacity.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 15, 2008 at 7:06:28 pm

Export as Animation set to Millions of Colors + works very well.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

eddie adyr
on Jan 9, 2010 at 2:31:36 am

I use Final cut to remove the green screen and then export the file as a " ANIMATION " file type, this keeps the transparency and only the subject is solid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]