FORUMS: list search recent posts

create fog over a real footage

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommaso cico
create fog over a real footage
on May 13, 2008 at 9:28:41 am

Hi all! I'm new in motion and I need to create a believable fog to be composited over a night scene. Any suggestions?
..I'm trying to use particles but it seems pretty hard for me..
thanks

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: create fog over a real footage
on May 13, 2008 at 9:35:19 am

Particles are definitely the way to go. There are several varieties of fog already in the Motion particles and sometimes the Clouds work well too. You just have to tweak and adjust the particle parameters to your heart's content to get exactly what you're looking for.

And just one layer of Fog won't create something believable, you'll need to create multiple layers with varying behaviors to give it more depth and believability.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

david bogie
on May 13, 2008 at 4:48:20 pm

And real fog appears behind some things. Real fog creates volumetric and corona lighting effects. Real fog may or may not appear whispy, it might be a solid unmoving obscuration.

Simulation of natural phenomenon is difficult. Fake Fog almost always looks like a cheeseball effect, use sparingly.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 14, 2008 at 6:13:48 pm

Also I'd look into the wondertouch particle emitters for Motion. They in particular have a lot of useful and natural looking effects:

http://www.wondertouch.com/

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]