FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy way to sync text to audio/video

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Stapleton
Easy way to sync text to audio/video
on May 7, 2008 at 12:02:45 am

I am embarking on a project to create a serious of videos to help adults/young adults who are either illiterate in their own language or literate only in a non Roman alphabet language to learn English.

A big part of learning English is the concept of connecting letters to form sounds and words. To help illustrate this I expect to be doing quite a bit of animation of text in sync with the presenters as they speak.

Currently the process I am using to do this in Motion (2.0) is quite manual, requiring me to animate each word and or letter individually and constantly adding markers to sync with the audio.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any tips that could reduce some of this heavy lifting?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Easy way to sync text to audio/video
on May 7, 2008 at 5:28:19 pm

Haven't used Motion 2 in years. Motion 3 plays audio sop just pull the clip into Motion?

But I don't see the problem. The project you are describing requires manually setting every single move and change. I do not see how that can be automated or even simplified. You can build several templates in LiveType or Motion that animate your text glyphs and you can bring those back into FCP. But if you must sync glyphs with mouth movement, Motion is where that's gonna get done.

Buy a couple of the really old Sesame Street shows, seasons one through about 5. Most of their grammar, counting, and spelling stuff was shot on film; tedious but precise. Might give you some clues how you can change your perceived workflow.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Patrick Stapleton
Re: Easy way to sync text to audio/video
on May 7, 2008 at 10:17:10 pm

No doubt I have to upgrade my FinalCut Studio license - so many upgrades it's difficult to keep up.

I was really just doing a sanity check didn't want to do all this work and come to find there was a much easier way - funny that you should reference Sesame Street, this is certainly one of the programs we have been looking at as a model.

Thanks for the input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]