FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filters/Tips for Anti-Aliasing Product Shots

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Salerno
Filters/Tips for Anti-Aliasing Product Shots
on May 1, 2008 at 6:36:11 pm

Hi All,

I am working in 1920x1080i HD, and I am getting extreme jittering/aliasing on several product shots, once animated.

Can anyone recommend any blur filters that work well? Also, would Motion Blur, or Shutter angle help under Project Properties- Render Settings?

I am running low on time and don't have the processing speed to experiment with the various filters etc, so any advice would be appreciated as to what works best for your workflow. Thanks.

- Mike

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Filters/Tips for Anti-Aliasing Product Shots
on May 5, 2008 at 4:01:53 pm

This topic comes up often and the usual response is: You must evaluate the movies in your finished project on your delivery medium's native display. If you are trying to evaluate the results in FCP you will not get an accurate representation of the video files.

Scaling may be creating single-pixel elements that do not work well in interlaced formats so a 1.5 or 2.0 pixel vertical blur will solve that but you will lose some resolution.

Applying the filters you have listed will impart artifacts of their own and are specific to other desired looks . Shutter angle is analogous to shutter speed. 360 degrees leaves the shutter open for the entire frame. 720 degrees leaves the shutter open for two complete frames. Running up against a deadline is no place to be considering these in Motion without knowing where the problem's root cause really is.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]