FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why don't my behaviors and filters buttons work?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toni Carey
Why don't my behaviors and filters buttons work?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 1:44:50 am

Hi All,
1st time using Motion. I open it up, start a new project and no browser window or anything shows up. I mean, literally it's blank but the info bar is at the top left. I do view arrange or whatever and eventually get a window to look at, at this point, I can import a file using file import (still no browser).

My main problem is that none of the buttons seem to work ie behaviors does NOTHING when I click on it (or right click), same with FILTER, same with BROWSER. Nothing's working. I'm on Motion 3.0.2 OSX 10.4.11 and my FCP studio is at 6.0.2.

What can I do to get this puppy going? I can't even go into why at the 11th hour, I'm stuck using motion but I've got a whole thread and three weeks of heartache going on at the FCP board and as a last resort, they suggested doing the whole thing over yet again only this time in motion. (I'm literally just trying to do a little slide show, which I've done in fcp hundreds of times before but for some reason the photos in this one are so hi res that they're all watery looking when I try to move them even a few keyframes).

I import a photo, click on it in the timeline so it's chosen and click the behavior button and nothing happens. Zip, zilch, zowie, nothing, nada, bupkis. I'm with the other poster who joked about diving under a bus. Can anyone help me get these darned buttons working?

Many thanks for reading!
Best,
Toni Carey

Toni Carey
formerly Toni @ TONICK
http://www.tonickproductions.com
2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo IMAC
w/500GB Internal HD
running MAC OS X 10.4.11
(always updated to current version)
1 LaCie 500 GB & 1 LaCie 1TB HD's firewired to it
Running FCP Studio 2
Use Canon GL2 to shoot and digitize footage

Return to posts index

Toni Carey
SOLVED! Re: Why don't my behaviors and filters buttons work?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:22:20 am

Hi All,

Turns out after checking out the Motion troubleshooting tips on the Apple site that I needed to trash my preferences in order to get Motion back to the original factory presents. To do this, I went to ~/Library/Preferences/ and dragged com.apple.motion.plist to the trash and emptied it. When I reopened motion, all the presets were suddenly there!

Shazam!

Just like to post if I figure something out in case someone searches with this problem later.
Best to all!
Toni

Toni Carey
formerly Toni @ TONICK
w/500GB Internal HD
running MAC OS X 10.4.11
Running FCP Studio 2

Return to posts index

Toni Carey
Re: SOLVED! Why don't my behaviors and filters buttons work?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:53:35 pm

Oops, I forgot to mention in the last post that the ~ represents your home on the directory tree.

Toni Carey
formerly Toni @ TONICK
w/500GB Internal HD
running MAC OS X 10.4.11
Running FCP Studio 2

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: SOLVED! Why don't my behaviors and filters buttons work?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 5:59:42 pm

Toni, thanks for closing your thread with a positive result and a working solution. Hardly anyone ever does that around here.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]