FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hand Writing (Write On) from scratch

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beau Brotherton
Hand Writing (Write On) from scratch
on Apr 23, 2008 at 9:17:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I did a search, and the only thing that I could find is info on how to use Write On for a scanned signature. If this is posted often, I apologize.

I have a client (a Church) that would like a scripture to be hand written on a black screen. Doesn't have to be authentic, just from a stock font.

I created a text group, and tried to add the Write On behavior, but it wouldn't do it. And I read on my search that you need to add a mask, I tried that, but it wouldn't animate either.

Does anyone know the exact steps I would need to do to animate this text to be written on?

Thanks for your help,

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB
FCP6
HVX200

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Hand Writing (Write On) from scratch
on Apr 23, 2008 at 10:56:35 pm

You can also keyframe the paint brush tool and just manually trace it over.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Michael C
Re: Hand Writing (Write On) from scratch
on Apr 30, 2008 at 9:42:19 pm

Here is how I usually do it. Have your text graphic of your scripture. Then, use the pen tool to make points along your text going from right to left. Increase the width of the pen shape you just drew until it completely covers the text you want to write on. Then, have your pen shape write on but change the settings in the inspector to actually have it write off. Set it to be the mask and as it animates away it will look like you just wrote your scripture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]