FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Studio 2 (Motion) update problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Leyland
Final Cut Studio 2 (Motion) update problem
on Apr 22, 2008 at 2:29:31 pm

Hello
I have been running Final Cut Studio 2 and have recently updated the software when prompted.
I now find that Motion has apparently lost all filters and behaviors. The only way I can find to solve the problem is to remove FC Studio and reinstall. However I then need to update to view anything created on the newer version. This again removes all the filters and behaviors from Motion.

Any advice short of jumping under nearest bus would be welcome.

Paul

Return to posts index

Toni Carey
Re: Final Cut Studio 2 (Motion) update problem
on Apr 25, 2008 at 2:26:47 am

Hi Paul,

I just had to figure this out myself and I think I may have an option for you -- at least one that is easier than uninstalling and reinstalling. According to the Apple Motion site, (under troubleshooting tips), you go to ~/Library/Preferences (where the ~ represents your home) and drag the com.apple.motion.plist into the trash. Then empty the trash and restart motion and all the original presets should be there. Supposedly this will not affect your project (but I'd be sure to go back into the preferences and be sure you're set up for the correct format you wanted ie dvd ntsc or whatever).

Hope this helps! I literally haven't even figured out how to do one regular thing in Motion yet but at least now the darned filters and behaviors seem to be back and I have a real browser to look at again!

Good Luck!
Best,
Toni

Toni Carey
formerly Toni @ TONICK
http://www.tonickproductions.com
2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo IMAC
w/500GB Internal HD
running MAC OS X 10.4.11
(always updated to current version)
1 LaCie 500 GB & 1 LaCie 1TB HD's firewired to it
Running FCP Studio 2