cool music video looks.....advice.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamilton Robinson
cool music video looks.....advice.
on Apr 21, 2008 at 8:53:16 am

Hi

Have a question:

Been asked to edit some nice images for a cool stylish 1 min video intro for a hair expo.

I have some ideas but interested in the filters and looks other have found helpful in motion/FCP that have been helpful for a cool look for music videos.

Advise....recommended websites for inspiration?

Cheers

ham

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: cool music video looks.....advice.
on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:38:03 pm

Noise Industries is chock full of instant music video goodness with their plugins:

http://www.noiseindustries.com/

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Hamilton Robinson
on Apr 22, 2008 at 7:41:00 am

thanks for the advise.

Ham

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:16:49 pm

And usually of course you need to decide on a theme for your animation...since it is a hair expo maybe go with a sort of Maurice Binder/Daniel Kleinman type of quasi-abstract, ethereal piece with models interacting with fancy backgrounds, highlighting the glamor of the event, i.e., pretty upmarket (but without the nudity, of course!). Motion's Particle Emitters, Replicators, Filters (like the slit-scan stuff), Paint Strokes features are ideal for this kind of thing.

(I help run a media science-fiction convention and I do the videos for them and I've done stuff like creating title graphics of the guests using Shake and Motion. For the last two batches I've rotoed the guests and composited them behind Motion backgrounds. In one, I even did a sight-gag of Claudia Christian blowing a kiss to someone in the audience and used animated Motion sparkles to complete the effect.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]