FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion to FCP to FLV - Blurry and Pixelated

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Kurland
Motion to FCP to FLV - Blurry and Pixelated
on Apr 18, 2008 at 11:30:14 pm

I am creating animations and lower thirds in Motion for use in a Final Cut Pro project. I import the .motn files into FCP, place them in my FCP video sequences, then export the sequences to FLV files using Compressor.

The Motion files, particularly the text on them, looks pixelated and blurry when they are played as part of the FLVs, and can be hard to read at times. These same files look crystal clear when the sequences are outputted to MPEG-2 and subsequently burned to DVD.

Is there a setting in Motion, FCP, or Compressor, or something else that I should be doing, to make these items appear clearer? I know that they are not going to be perfect, but I am hoping there is a way to make them look better than they do right now.

I am using the original Final Cut Studio, and I have Adobe CS3, including Flash.

Thank you.

(I made a similar post in the Apple forums, so I apologize if you are reading this for a second time. I would really appreciate any feedback you could provide.)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion to FCP to FLV - Blurry and Pixelated
on Apr 19, 2008 at 12:34:28 am

Flash is vector, Motion is bitmap based, so unless you crank up the data rate bigtime it's always going to look blurry. Make your titles in Flash if you want sharp text in FLV.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Brett Kurland
on Apr 21, 2008 at 4:53:27 pm

Noah - Thank you for the advice. Are you saying make the titles in Flash and then import them into FCP, or are you suggesting that I should bring the FCP movies into Flash and integrate them with the titles? I just want to make sure that I understand you because FCP needs to be a part of my work flow.

I will keep this in mind for future projects, but for my current project, I have titles and animations that were already created for use in an offline version of the project, so I would rather not have to start from scratch if I don't have to. Does anybody have any advice to make the existing motion files look better as part of an FLV?

Thank you.

BEst,
Brett

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:37:14 pm

In that case- keep your current workflow and increase the data rate. Flash is optimized for vector imagery, not video.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]