FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to key frame

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan young
How to key frame
on Apr 17, 2008 at 10:45:47 pm

Hi, I am having a problem in motion doing simple key frames like I would do in final cut pro or after effects, I know I can use the auto key record, but would rather just do it the manual way.
Let's say I have a photo or text that I would like to move from one end of the screen to the other side of the screen. I place the object where I would want it to start and go into the inspector, and put key frames in the position and anchor, then I move the object to the end of the clip, where I would like it to end up, and then put key frames in position and anchor, then when I play it back nothing happens, if I did these same steps in after effects or final cut pro it would work,(whatever key frames I made the object would motion track in AE or FCP) there has to be an easier way than going into the key frame editor and grabbing the key frames and move the key frames around, to manipulate the object.
Thanks for all of your help

Return to posts index

matt rinaldo
Re: How to key frame
on Apr 18, 2008 at 1:39:21 am

sometimes the record button comes in handy so don't right it off so soon.

But what you explained was right except for the final step. Set your starting keyframe> move the play head on the mini timeline to where you want the animation to stop>set ending keyframes> then move object to its ending position.

so basically set the keyframes first then move the object

hope this helps

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: How to key frame
on Apr 19, 2008 at 12:37:07 am

Exactly what the record button is for. Set positions, then drag the playback slider to the next time, move positions, etc. They will auto-tween...

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]