FORUMS: list search recent posts

Probably to easy

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt rinaldo
Probably to easy
on Apr 15, 2008 at 1:19:56 pm

I can not apply a gradient to text. I am creating text and then applying the

gradient colorize filter to the text. But it is not working correctly. I can get only one of the

gradient colors to show on the text. I tried to move and tweak almost all of the gradient

controls and I can not get it.

What I am really going for with the gradient is to have one side of the gradient be a gray

(a color) and the other side of the gradient transparent.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Probably to easy
on Apr 15, 2008 at 3:00:24 pm

Howdy,

Do you mean making the text transparent via a gradient, like either of these examples?

Return to posts index

matt rinaldo
on Apr 15, 2008 at 3:56:04 pm

Yes I am trying to achieve number 1.

What I am doing is a "reflective floor look" and I need part of the text to fade out into the background, but the background is video for a psa.

If you could I would like to know how yo did number 1
thanks

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Apr 15, 2008 at 7:12:14 pm

Howdy,

For the specific thing you're doing, you can just set the fill mode of the text to "gradient". Select the text, go to the Inspector, view the Style subtab, go to the Face section and set the Fill With parameter to "Gradient". Change the default gradient so that it doesn't affect the color, but set the gradient's opacity tags to whatever works for you.

Keep in mind, though, that this only applies to text, and is done per-character, so you can't achieve an across-the-word fade like example #2. For that, you'll need to use an image mask (which is also what you'd use to fade anything but text). There's a tutorial on that here.

Return to posts index

matt rinaldo
on Apr 16, 2008 at 2:50:16 am

Thank you thank you. That explanation was great and the tutorial was even more fun. yes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]