FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Looks Bad

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giorgio Sironi
Text Looks Bad
on Apr 10, 2008 at 9:50:09 am

Hi there, sorry for my english I am an Italian living in Austria what a mess.
I have a problem with text. I have a beautiful Broadcast monitor from Panasonic HD 17", and it shows exactly how bad my text looks. It looks like broken, or like if fields were going through it. Quality is High, and if I go on 100% in Motion it looks nice. At Fit to window looks in Motion bad too (that is normal I think). I know this is probably a very elementar question, but I did not find a solution on my own, please Help.
Thanks Giorgio

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Text Looks Bad
on Apr 10, 2008 at 11:24:24 am

Tried all of this?

http://applemotion.net/files/b9688c038a81866998198609db3dab0e-89.html

Peter

Return to posts index

Giorgio Sironi
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:47:29 pm

well, that was fast, but unfortunately not my case.
Project is 1440 x 1080i 30 fps HDV, that should be a nice starting Project. The point is that I don't do anything, I just watch the output on the Broadcast monitor, straight from Motion and it already looks like minced meat, well maybe not that bad but almost. No crispness, no nice curves in the "S" or "O" actually everything like a saw. It looks good in the Canvas of Motion, bad out, like if it was on draft or less Quality. Is there some kind of anti-aliasing or maybe the Font (Helvetica) is not right? Thanks G.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:51:16 pm

Sounds like your broadcast output settings don't match the timeline and/or monitor.

Peter

Return to posts index

Giorgio Sironi
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:25:07 pm

I am starting thinking the same, the problem is that with my blackmagic HD extreme I don't find anywhere the output settings for hdv, from finalcut I see everything correctly when the setting are on HDTV 1080i (1920,1080). But I am still thinking that I am missing something.
Greets Gio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]