FORUMS: list search recent posts

machine gunfire?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Imagine Video
machine gunfire?
on Apr 9, 2008 at 7:24:51 pm

Anyone have some tips for producing a 'gunfire-effect'? Can be suggestive through light/flames or by emitting projectiles.

I've been messing around and created a circle, which I gave a glow and applied a Throw behaviour to it. That bullet won't hit anything at that speed...
Throw is very slow. Anyone know of a faster motion behaviour?

Other tips?

G5 Quad, 3.5 Gig RAM, OS 10.4.10, FCS 2

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
Re: machine gunfire?
on Apr 9, 2008 at 8:13:15 pm

When you say "gunfire-effect" do you mean like a tracer round, or the muzzle flash? I forget what the plug-in pack is called but there's a company that actually makes those for Motion that would be perfect for a muzzle flash. If you're trying to do a tracer round, or something similar, I'd think using a particle emitter would be better suited for that. It would have more controls and you'd only be dealing with one "object" instead of creating numerous circles.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

Imagine Video
on Apr 10, 2008 at 7:58:22 am

Yes, tracer rounds seems the best option. I'll mess around with the particle emitter and see what I can come up with.

Still like to know how I can achieve 'blast-speed' when applying Throw or other behaviour...

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Apr 10, 2008 at 12:47:42 pm

I'm not totally sure how to get the Throw behavior to go crazy fast. Probably something where you have to manually adjust the numbers. I did a small test with the particle emitter yesterday, and got, I think, pretty close. If you'd like to take a look at it email me: della dot st dot media at gmail dot com.

Winston A. Cely

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:58:07 pm

And if it's something you do a lot of you might want to check out EffectsLab Pro from FXHome: http://fxhome.com/effectslab/pro

There is a lot of overlap between Motion and EffectsLab, but EffectsLab, as the name suggests, is specifically geared towards doing visual effects work for independent filmmakers, hobbiests, etc. and does have a dedicated muzzle flash engine as you'll see from the link. (It's one of the "secret weapons" I have in my software arsenal along with Silhouette Roto and Studio Artist.)

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:59:25 pm

That's it! Though I don't have this (never really needed it yet) it looks like the exact thing you might be looking for.

Winston A. Cely

Return to posts index

Imagine Video
on Apr 11, 2008 at 8:28:56 am

Thanks, Burt. Looks real good- but I want to be able to make something myself! And so I did. Not even close to Pro effects but good enough for my purposes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]