FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 spacebar strangeness

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Phillips
Motion 3 spacebar strangeness
on Apr 7, 2008 at 11:41:17 am

Hello Folks

I migrated from a MBP to a 2008 MP last week. Latest software in MP. Motion worked fine on the new machine (a couple of test projects) then suddenly the spacebar began activating/deactivating layers in the timing and project windows. Over on the Apple discussions, one person said this was normal on his machine, another said "not good." I did all the normal prefs dumping etc. Strange thing is, when I log into a user account which was non-migrated, Motion works as expected (and as it did on the laptop -spacebar only does playback and play-from -beginning) I fiddled with the Commands menu, copying a duplicate from the 'good' users account to the migrated account with no success. Another strange anomaly I discovered while delving into the spacebar problem - the "set timeline row size" icons don't work anymore- stuck on smallest and when I drag them larger, they snap back to small. Weird!

Any advice on getting Motion back to it's previously working state? Seems to have happened around the time I updated to 3.0.2. Should I try reinstalling Motion? If so, how? If I throw out the program, will the install disc replace all components?

Thanks, John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]