FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freezing a Particle System

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Toops
Freezing a Particle System
on Apr 3, 2008 at 1:36:16 pm

Ok - I feel like I've scrubbed all the parameters, but I still can't achieve the effect I want. I have a particle emitter making stars in a 360 range in a 3D comp. After 2 seconds or so, the speed + emission range have scattered the "stars" into orbit, and I've turned off the birthrate from 1000 to 0. Now I want to freeze my solar system, and drive the camera around inside my particle cloud... however my "stars" keep moving out into space.

Now that the emitter has flung them into space, how do I halt them in place so they don't keep moving? Thanks!

-Toops

Justin
Editor/Chess Player, Washington DC
2x3 GHz Intel Mac, 4 gigs RAM
FCP 6, DVDSP4, Motion3
KONA 3 capture

Return to posts index

Justin Toops
Re: Freezing a Particle System
on Apr 3, 2008 at 1:43:28 pm

Before anyone can say, "do a search" I realized my error and saw that someone already asked this question not to long ago. My apologies! Thanks Burt for answering it on March 30!

Justin
Editor/Chess Player, Washington DC
2x3 GHz Intel Mac, 4 gigs RAM
FCP 6, DVDSP4, Motion3
KONA 3 capture

Return to posts index

Nathanael Neveux
Re: Freezing a Particle System
on Feb 28, 2010 at 12:20:13 am

Use the scrub "filter" (the behavior only works on 2d objects) - set the offset to the frame you want to freeze on - and set the "offset from" to "first frame".

For particles I find it best to put the particle in it's own "Group" and add the scrub filter to the group instead of the particle emitter itself

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]