FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion tracking HELP!!!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wojtek Jezowski
Motion tracking HELP!!!
on Apr 1, 2008 at 5:57:07 pm

Im doing a SD PAL project and I need to make an effect of an image mirrored in a persons eyes.

The idea is that the image first appears as part of the footage, but as the we pull back we begin to see that the image is a reflection in the eye. The pull back continues untill we see a full face but we can still see the image in the eye.

I thought I had had it, when I attached the image to the motion tracking of the face. It almost works as the image moves on the x and y axis perfectly, but the scaling sucks.
I can't make the image remain framed in the eyes as I want it.
On the behavior it just scales down too much.

Please help.

Wojtek Jezowski

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion tracking HELP!!!
on Apr 1, 2008 at 6:43:21 pm

Motion Tracking is 2D only. You would need to keyframe it by hand. If you are doing a lot of these sorts of shots I'd suggest switching to After Effects and using Synth Eyes for the tracking. Motion is great for pseuedo-3D effects but not for true 3D tracking.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion tracking HELP!!!
on Apr 3, 2008 at 1:26:50 pm

Maybe I didn’t understood the question but it can be done in Motion. This response has a video link to demonstrate what I mean. (I tried to embed the movie and couldn’t get it to work)

This is how it was done:
-Text layer was added above the layer with the Jar movie.
-Match Move behavior added to text layer
-Hit F2 to open Behaviors tab
-Make sure Type = Transformation
-I attached the anchor to the left handle of the jar
-Select the Scale Adjust button so Position and Scale are enabled
-You will get a new option below Anchor called “Rotation-Scale.”
-Place it on the opposite end of the jar (right handle) so motion can figure out the scale.
-Click on the Analyze button and you’re almost there. It probably wont line up right.
-Select the Anchor Point tool and move it to were the Anchor was set (left jar handle)

Obviously my example will be easier to track due to the almost solid background, but with some work you can have a killer effect. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]