FORUMS: list search recent posts

Curves template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
Curves template
on Mar 29, 2008 at 9:17:36 am

I am trying to modify a Motion template and am experiencing difficulty. I'm using the "curves open (PAL) and am simply trying to alter the default B/W color of the curves. I have gone into the "curves left", "curve gradient" object in the project pane. In the inspector in the "color over life" option, even if I select a preset gradient, the playback of the curves is no longer smooth, but jerky - as if a fade is missing somewhere.
Does anyone have time to try to replicate and see if the problem is "operator error" or if there is a way to attain smooth curves with a hint of color.
Thanks to anyone who can help out...

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.02), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Curves template
on Mar 31, 2008 at 1:49:41 pm

Kim,
Click on the disclosure triangle for the “Particle Curves” layer in the Project Pane or Timeline. Click on the disclosure triangle for the “Curve” you want to alter. You will see a “Curve Gradient”. Select it and hit F4 to open up the Particle Cell tab. There will be an option called “Color Mode” which is currently set to “over life”. Change it to "Colorize" and a Color box appears. Select your color and your in business. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
on Mar 31, 2008 at 2:16:42 pm

Thanks Stephen,
Worked like a charm. So darn easy...! I feel pretty priveleged to get a response from THE Stephen Smith. I am a true fan...Your tutorials are outstanding. With so much to multi tasking as an editor today, it's great that there are people like you that share techniques and tips so skillfully. Keep them coming! ...And yes I'm going to purchase the latest DVD :) Cheers!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.02), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 13, 2008 at 1:08:49 pm

Kim,
Sorry for the delayed response. I had my account set up wrong, so I did not get an e-mail showing me your response. Thanks for the kind words, it made my day! I have four more tutorials in the works that I hope you will enjoy when they’re done. I hope your project turned out great.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]