FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying Attribute values from one layer to another

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Borella
Copying Attribute values from one layer to another
on Mar 27, 2008 at 3:48:14 am

OK
I'm forcing myself to learn motion after years of After Effects work.
How do I take attribute values from one layer (like scale, position and rotation) and paste those values to other items in other layers? I thought the "paste special" command would work but it doesn't. I was hoping that the Option-V key would act the same in Motion as in Final Cut but no luck.

thanks
Lou ...

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Copying Attribute values from one layer to another
on Mar 27, 2008 at 12:09:58 pm

Howdy,

You can copy/paste keyframes using Cmd+C/V, but to do an entire channel (Position, Rotation, etc.) you use drag-and-drop. Just drag the channel or parameter name from the Inspector to the target object in the Layers List or Timeline. For example, you can drag the entire transforms group (Position, Rotation, Scale) or you could drag just the Scale.Y parameter.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Copying Attribute values from one layer to another
on Mar 27, 2008 at 10:03:29 pm

Lou, do yourself a favor and invest in the Apple Pro books for Motion.
Getting over your AE prejudices may be easier for you than it was for me but I hate Motion with a deep and totally unjustified passion. Compared to AE, the interface is needlessly over-creative and it obscures the most basic operations.

You will be rewarded with being able to do interesting things quickly but it's like forcing yourself to learn two operating systems. If you don't really need the peculiar benefits of Motion (I know of none but there are good things being done), you can safely forget it.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]