FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just got Motion 3 - help

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynette Gilbert
Just got Motion 3 - help
on Mar 26, 2008 at 3:49:27 am

I have been working in Motion 2 for the past three months. I just got Motion 3.

I am trying to send a sequence from FCP to Motion, something I do all the time in Motion 2. When I start adding text into the project and save it, it works until I try to add an effect.

Once I try to add an effect, suddenly my sequence is NO LONGER EDITED the way I had it edited and saved in FCP. It reverts back to whatever the original clip was.

What the heck? How can I stop it from doing this??? It did it three times tonight already.

Edited to add: I should mention that I can export my FCP sequence to a .mov and it works okay, so yes, that is a solution. BUT - shouldn't I be able to just send the sequence to Motion?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Just got Motion 3 - help
on Mar 26, 2008 at 5:39:28 pm

Seems to work oaky for me but I'm really having trouble understanding what you're talking about in this:

> Once I try to add an effect, suddenly my sequence is NO LONGER EDITED the way I had it edited and saved in FCP. It reverts back to whatever the original clip was.

At the risk of sounding terribly dismissive, lots changed in Motion 3, did you read the new features? Are you sure the procedure you're using is correct? Motion 3 has been out for about a year now so try searching other Motion forums for the correct or suggested workflow for roundtripping between FCP and Motion.

You might want to cruise the apple.com discussion forums. Much more Motion traffic over there.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Lynette Gilbert
Re: Just got Motion 3 - help
on Mar 26, 2008 at 9:19:08 pm

What I mean is, I'll take something that I edited in FCP - I edited clips ABCDE together. Each clip's original length was 10 seconds, but in FCP I edited them together so that they are only 3 seconds long. Then I go to Send To>Motion. I save the Motion project.

I add some text. Everything is fine. Then I add a behavior. Suddenly those five clips are not edited in their 3 second long segments anymore - they are their original lengths of 10 seconds, so everything I did up to that point is ruined.

Does that make sense? They are not edited, they are original clips.

I don't know how to make it make more sense.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]