FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shatter Effect?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grant strac
Shatter Effect?
on Mar 21, 2008 at 5:21:17 am

Does anyone know how to make a picture in motion shatter? I think I have seen it before during my dealings with motion but I do not remember how to do it. If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
Re: Shatter Effect?
on Mar 21, 2008 at 8:12:07 pm

You could use the masks in Motion, but I think a better way would be to use Photoshop and Motion, if you have it. In Photoshop you can take your picture and chop it up using tools like the lasso and magic wand to clean up stray edges and make separate layers for each "piece": (Photoshop) Layer>New>Layer via cut. Then delete the background layer.

Then, of course, import it into Motion as separate layers. Then make sure you move the layers into separate Groups and either use Behaviors and/or keyframes to get your desired shatter effect.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Mar 21, 2008 at 9:55:29 pm

no photoshop though....what would be the suggested filter to use in motion?? thanks for the input

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
on Mar 22, 2008 at 9:34:47 pm

Well pretty much it would be the same idea but you would do it entirely in Motion. Basically you could make a lot of duplicate layers of your picture, then mask each one individually, which is slightly trickier to get your "fractures" aligned properly (the nifty thing about the Photoshop method is that it creates discrete layers that literally fit together like a jigsaw puzzle).

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Mar 23, 2008 at 11:50:22 pm

See this thread at apple.com:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1451940&tstart=0

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]