FORUMS: list search recent posts

Effect to smooth slow motion clips?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beau brotherton
Effect to smooth slow motion clips?
on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:25:16 pm

Hello to all,

I can't remember the effect to smooth out the change of a clips speed to slower motion. I totally forgot and can't find it.

If anyone has a second and can let me know it would help me out a bunch.

Thanks in advance,

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB
FCP6
HVX200

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
Re: Effect to smooth slow motion clips?
on Mar 21, 2008 at 8:06:32 pm

Well, like a lot of things in Motion there are several ways to do stuff like this.

If you're using a Retiming Behavior like Set Speed, it actually has Ease In and Ease Out parameters. And if you are using the Timing controls in the Inspector itself, you could go two ways:

1) You can adjust the Variable Speed keyframes in the Keyframe Editor by editing them and/or adding additional keyframes and accessing more functionality via: either Opt.-Click or RT mouse click to bring up contextual menu, then Interpolation>Bezier,Ease In, Ease out, Exponential, Logarithmic, etc. So with the interpolation set to Bezier, you can adjust the handles to get desired ramping effects.

likewise...

2) You can of course add Parameter Behaviors like Ramp to the Retime Value parameter in the Timing controls of the Inspector as well.

(You can actually add both keyframes and behaviors and I think Motion averages out the effects of both. Either that or it self-destructs your Mac like 1960s sci-fi tv computers with lots of sparks and explosions; either way it will be entertaining to watch.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]