FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird stuff when exporting (part 2)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lacey
Weird stuff when exporting (part 2)
on Mar 20, 2008 at 10:15:43 am

And this is nothing to do with compressor!

Exports look nowhere near as good using animation codec- fullsize, full resolution- as when previewing in Motion. Soft edged masks go awry and a fade up from black on one of the layers at the begining just doesn't render. I'd noticed this particular problem before but just worked around it.

Using Motion3 on MBP 2.4G, 4MBram (and I've tried under Tiger and Leopard) Geforce 8600 card. All FCS software updated.

Alan

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Weird stuff when exporting (part 2)
on Mar 20, 2008 at 3:16:24 pm

> Exports look nowhere near as good using animation codec- fullsize, full resolution- as when previewing in Motion. Soft edged masks go awry and a fade up from black on one of the layers at the begining just doesn't render. I'd noticed this particular problem before but just worked around it.

Exports or renders?
My renders out of Motion using Animation are exquisite.

However, there are several weirdly subtle bugs in Motion. Depending on your project design and how you have the layers stacked, you could be running into a few of them. But I don't think so. The bugs only seem to show up in super complex 3D projects with nested groups/layers.

I debug these issues in Motion by turning off layers one at a time and making test renders.
Sorry not to be of more help.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Mar 20, 2008 at 5:44:13 pm

Thanks David,

No, a straight forward SD project output by file/export/QTmovie and then setting the relevent parameters.

The fade-up from black is on one of the layers, and renders perfectly to ram but not on the op file.

I'll experiment using other QT codecs.

Alan

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Mar 20, 2008 at 5:56:37 pm

Okay, found it!!

Outputting with unpremultiplied alpha. I assumed that as I didn't need the alpha channel, if I just rendered in colour instead of colour + alpha It would ignore this setting. Not so!!

User error

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]