FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird stuff when exporting - PLEASE help

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ellen Osborne
Weird stuff when exporting - PLEASE help
on Mar 17, 2008 at 2:33:58 am

I'm doing an animation project in Motion 3. When I try to export if using Compressor there are artifacts all over the place. The animation is of 9 birds created with replicator flying across the screen. I created a single bird flying from photoshop files. I made a quicktime movie of the single bird, imported it into a new file. I used the movie of this bird to replicate and make the group fly across the screen. When I look at the group with RAM preview in Motion all looks well. When I export them with compressor, everything goes haywire and they don't fly right. Their wings become fragmented. I'm not sure how to attach the files to this post, but if it is possible I could send them and maybe someone could tell me what's going on. The file is 960 x 540 at 23.98 fps. I tried exporting using both the animation codec and the ProRes codec, but had the same problem in both.

I'm working on a MacPro Quad-Core with 26 GB of Ram. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT. I just got this computer, but I had the same problem on my old computer. I thought the old computer was too dated and maybe that is why it was happening, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. BTW, also had the same problem in Motion 2.

I sure hope someone can shed some light on this. I'm guessing I might have something set up wrong.

Thanks, Ellen

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Weird stuff when exporting - PLEASE help
on Mar 19, 2008 at 2:58:50 pm

> When I export them with compressor, everything goes haywire and they don't fly right.

Why ever are you using Compressor to render?
What happens if you don't use Compressor?

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

ellen Osborne
on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:49:11 pm

Somebody (claiming expertise) told me it was better to always render from Motion via compressor, but you know what? I just tried rendering using the export function in Motion without compressor and it was perfect. So I guess that solves that. Thanks.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Mar 19, 2008 at 5:41:57 pm

"Expertise" is relative around here.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]