FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vanishing layers!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Wyndham
Vanishing layers!
on Mar 14, 2008 at 2:33:41 pm

I've just come across a strange issue that is causing me to tear my hair out! I'm working on a comp and two of my layers have just dissappeared from view! Motion still shows the resize handles of the layers, and correctly animates the Opacity keyframes in the Inspector, but it simply refuses to actually show the layers themselves in the display window!

Layer blending is set to normal, and even if I solo those layers it still refuses to display them. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on, and I'm up against a really tight deadline.

The layers in question are part of a group which is ordered on top of everything else. The problem layers are made from PNG files. Although there is a third PNG layer as part of this group that displays perfectly correctly.

If anyone needs me to send them a screenshot to help them diagnose the problem I would be more than happy to do so.

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
Re: Vanishing layers!
on Mar 14, 2008 at 4:27:20 pm

Maybe toggle the Group's Blending mode from "Pass Through" to "Normal" and see what that does. Also do a quick check to make sure that the Layers that are giving the problem have the "On" toggle check marked. But yeah, you may have to post a screen shot so that we can take a look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved