FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blood in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Klimczyk
Blood in Motion
on Mar 6, 2008 at 12:51:40 am

Hey

I was making some visual effects for a small videogame for a friend and everything was cool until I needed to create some blood squirting from a wound :).
Emitters in Motion appear to be of no use. I need the blood to fly across the scene looking reasonably realistic. I've been trying to customize some of Apple's pre-set emitters, unsuccessfuly though. Does anyone of you guys know how to achieve that "Zatoichi-like" look of thick dark red liquid squirting and spraying and covering the whole sword-fight scene in blood and gore? :)

thanks
ak

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
Re: Blood in Motion
on Mar 6, 2008 at 2:03:30 pm

Scary! :)

You might want to check out another product called EffectsLab Pro from these guys in the UK at http://www.fxhome.com. It tends to be geared towards independent film visual FX stuff with opticals, laser effect stuff ("neon"), explosions, muzzle flashes, etc. and like Motion does have a surprisingly sophisticated particle engine. Also there is a whole community of users/developers who create preset effects that are free to download (if you have bought one of their products). Some of the presets are top rate and some of them are lame, but of course you can download what you need.

(As a sideline, when Apple included Color with FCS2 there was some talk here at the Cow about how "now you'll see some totally amateurish overgraded projects" coming from the video trenches. Since you can do color grading as well with EffectsLab, CompositeLab, Vision Studio, etc. there are a lot of overgraded movies at that website; but also some really well done color grades as well.)

Return to posts index

Sergey Afanasiev
Re: Blood in Motion
on Apr 4, 2008 at 8:13:04 am

try wondertouch emitters... http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]