FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor quality graphics exporting motion clips from FCP in MPEG 2 Format

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soupy Tom
Poor quality graphics exporting motion clips from FCP in MPEG 2 Format
on Mar 5, 2008 at 10:53:44 am

I'm working on...MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 2GB RAM with Final Cut Studio...

Now I'm making an induction video using captured footage in Final Cut as well as Motion Files (in Final Cut). I have exported these as a quicktime (H.264) and the graphics are crystal clear.

I have since tried to do it as a MPEG2 (For a DVD) now some of the graphics are fine but there is one section where the quality is poor. The ones that are generally fine are templates that I've altered slightly and the one that is poor is one which I've made myself in Photoshop and Motion, but as I said earlier it was fine whilst exporting as a quicktime.

I've trashed all my preferences in FCP, deleted all my render files and re-rendered, created a new sequence and copied the sequence into it (In fact I had to make two sequences, Part 1 and 2 as it kept on crashing (FCP) when trying to export MPEG2 with compressor)

So does anyone know why the quality would be poor??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Poor quality graphics exporting motion clips from FCP in MPEG 2 Format
on Mar 5, 2008 at 2:54:05 pm

Export to ProRes HQ first and then go to MPEG-2 in compressor. Graphics will be rendered sharper.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]