FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing a PSD into Motion results in mess

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Fraser
Importing a PSD into Motion results in mess
on Feb 26, 2008 at 8:04:54 pm

Hello I'm running into some issues importing a psd into motion. The psd in question was originally an illustrator file (.ai) that I exported as psd. In photoshop I merged all of the layer groups to simplify things once I got to motion. After opening Motion I import my psd, select all layers instead of merged, and then I get a mess where my graphic should be. Not only does every layer get imported with a black background behind it, but the colors for the elements in each layer are inconsistent with the original in terms of both shade and opacity. I can key out the black with a color key, but this is less than desirable. If I import merged layers then everything is fine,but I need to animate each thing separately. Any help is appreciated, and thanks for your time.

Come on COW don't let me down
Jon Fraser

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Importing a PSD into Motion results in mess
on Feb 27, 2008 at 3:38:48 pm

You've got to create the alpha in PS before attempting to import to Motion.
Color spaces between AI, PS and video vary tremendously. It's a thoroughly confusing topic but the FCP and Motion manuals have plenty of suggestions n how to deal with it. Most PS projects have non-video colors because they are created by non-video people.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Jonathan Fraser
Re: Importing a PSD into Motion results in mess
on Feb 27, 2008 at 10:52:53 pm

thanks for getting back, you were nearly right. It turns out the graphic was created for print and as such it was made in CMYK mode. As soon as I switched it to RBG everything was fine. Thanks for the help though.

Jon Fraser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]